Make your donation work harder - at no extra cost to you! For every pound donated under the Gift Aid scheme we’ll receive an extra 25p from HMRC.
If you are a taxpayer (and have paid sufficient tax in the current tax year) then you can enable us to reclaim tax on all your donations by completing this form.
If you are donating online then just fill out the Gift Aid questions in our online forms and we can do the rest.
Gift Aid can apply to one-off donations, to a series of regular donations, or to any donations made in the last four years. If you do not pay tax, you should not use Gift Aid.
Paying tax at a higher rate?
Higher rate taxpayers who make donations through Gift Aid can even claim extra relief on their donations for themselves. Some donors choose to pass on this extra reclaimed tax either direct to the charity or through their Self Assessment Tax Return.
Gift Aid on goods donated to shops
We can reclaim 25% Gift Aid - not just on cash donations - but also on the sale value of items you donate to our shops. We were among the first hospice charities to introduce this system and it adds a further £75,000 to our shop income each year.
- If you are a UK taxpayer and bring a donation of goods into any of our shops you will be given the opportunity to gift aid your donation.
- We will ask you to sign a simple declaration form and we will give you your personal gift aid card. You can download the form, so you can save time by taking it with you.
- We will then carefully track your goods through to the point of sale, and when they have been sold we will inform you of the amount raised and check that you are happy for us to reclaim the Gift Aid. We are obliged to write and tell you – it is one of the legal requirements of reclaiming Gift Aid on donated items.
- Once a quarter (on average) we will submit a Gift Aid reclaim to HMRC.
- Each time you donate goods, please bring your card so we can make a note of your unique Gift Aid number.
The result is that we will receive an extra 25% on the sale of every Gift Aided item that you donate. For example, if we sell an item for £5.00 - its value will be £6.25 thanks to HMRC. Please ask about the scheme when you next visit one of our shops.