Our refurbished building will allow us to:
1. Develop our wellbeing services
- increase services to care for people from the point of diagnosis and those on a curative pathway, enabling us to support patients and their families for longer
- offer services for patients with a wide variety of end-of-life conditions to help them recover from treatment or symptoms of their illness
- expand wellbeing services and therapies for patients and carers to support the whole family
- provide pre and post bereavement support
- run day services for those in the later stages of their illness
- hold a range of clinics to provide nurse-led support and medical care, reducing GP appointments and hospital admissions and keeping people well for as long as possible
- give opportunities for patients and carers to meet others at support groups
- offer practical support and companionship through a Supporting Hands volunteer service
- focus on wellbeing for carers
- form bereavement groups
- introduce pamper sessions.
3. Become a centre of excellence for palliative care
- reconfigure our seminar room to enable us to deliver first class training and personal development both for Rennie Grove staff and other healthcare professionals, increasing good practice in palliative and end-of-life care.
4. Introduce services for children and young adults
- create suitable facilities to enable us to care for babies, children and young adults
- set up support groups for families caring for a child with a life-limiting condition.
Find out why this is so important