We are delighted to announce that the Moonlight Walk is taking place this year on Saturday 15 September in St Albans.
The Moonlight Walk will truly be a night to remember. Starting at Westminster Lodge at 8pm participants will take part in a 10 mile walk around the streets of St Albans under the light of the moon.
This 10 mile walk will take you around the streets of St Albans, starting and finishing at Westminster Lodge, Holywell Hill, St Albans, AL1 2DL.
This year we have introduced a brand new route for you!
As part of the route you will still be taken through the grounds of Grove House. Here you will have the opportunity to place a padlock as a symbol of remembrance upon a memory fence. There will hot chocolate to warm yourself help before completing the walk by midnight.
£15 per walker. The event is open to everyone of any age. Please note anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Your entry fee covers the cost of putting on the event and includes a T-Shirt.
Raising sponsorship money
Your entry fee covers the costs of putting on the event only. It is your sponsorship money that makes a difference to local patients suffering from life-limiting illnesses and their families, and we encourage you to raise as much as you can.
There is no minimum sponsorship for this event, but it would be great if everyone that participates could try to raise at least £50 each.
£50 could fund 2 hours of specialist nursing care in a patients home ensuring that families feel supported and patients symptoms are kept under control.
moonlight walk 2018 Terms and Conditions
Top tips for raising sponsorship
- Start early!
- Set up an online JustGiving page and personalise it with a photo and a bit about yourself.
- Set up a Forever Loved Fund.
- Post the link to your page on social media channels and in your email signature.
- Please download a sponsorship form and carry it with you whenever you can.
- Ask your closest friends and family to sponsor you first - they're likely to be the most generous and its sets a standard for others to follow.
- Ask your employer about matched funding.
- Ensure sponsors read the Gift Aid statement and tick the box if they are eligible to do so.
- Do something creative - raising sponsorship doesn't have to be boring! Whether it's a cake sale or car wash, quiz night or coffee morning, get your thinking cap and do something a bit different